0333 050 9030


Housing disrepair claims Sharples

Claim compensation from your council or social housing association landlord & get your home repaired for free.

We cover all of the UK. Fill in the form or call us on 0333 050 9030 for immediate help with filing a no win no fee housing disrepair claim.

Fill in the short form to start the property repair & compensation process it takes less than 10 seconds.

Claim Compensation

Claim compensation for the poor housing conditions in your home

Free Property Repair

We will ensure your property is repaired completely - FREE

No win, no fee service

It's FREE for you to file a claim with our specialist housing disrepair solicitors

Watch our housing disrepair video

We explain what housing disrepair claims are and the actions our NO Win, NO Fee disrepair solicitors will take to help council and housing association tenants claim compensation and get their property repaired completely free of charge.

Fight back today by contacting us via our 10 second form, or you can call us during our business hours of 9am – 5pm Mon-Fri

What is Housing Disrepair?

If you live in a council house, social housing, or a housing association property, the landlord is obligated to guarantee that your home is safe and functional.

When a rented property deteriorates or needs substantial so that it is safe and acceptable to live in, it is the responsibility of the landlord to ensure that a basic living standard is maintained.

Housing disrepair usually consists of the following issues:

  • Mould or damp problems
  • Pest infestations 
  • Leaks & water damage
  • Broken heating systems
  • Dangerous electrical wiring
  • Internal deterioration
  • Gutters, drains, pipes & structural
  • Broken kitchen & bathroom fittings

Compensation from THE council

If your Sharples council property is in disrepair you can claim compensation and free property repair on a no win no fee basis.


We can also help you claim compensation from any housing association / social housing property in North West.


Housing disrepair claims are FREE for all council, social housing and housing association tenants in England.

Housing Disrepair experts

We are specialist no win no fee housing disrepair claims solicitors, you're in safe hands with or friendly team.

Take action today and claim compensation for the issues in your rented property



Electrical issues

Heating problems

No hot water

Broken kitchen

Leaks & Flooding

Structural issues

Pest infestations

What are landlords responsible for?

Landlords are always responsible for repairs in a reasonable period of time after discovering that the property is not safe or liveable as part of their duty to ensure that your property is safe and liveable.

  • Your property’s structure and exterior, such as the roof, walls and windows
  • Sanitary fittings such as baths, sinks and basins, this also includes pipes and drains
  • Heating and water systems
  • Gas appliances
  • Ventilation
  • Electrical wiring

Your landlord is not legally permitted to charge you for any of the repair work described above, and they are responsible for these repairs independent of your tenancy agreement. Your landlord may also be responsible for additional repairs if they agree, which is determined by your rental agreement.

Can I make a housing disrepair claim?

If your landlord refuses to take care of a property with housing disrepair problems that they are responsible for, you may be able to make a claim against them.

To be eligible to submit a claim, you must first notify your landlord about the disrepair, and provide evidence as proof. You can pursue compensation if your landlord fails to make repairs within reasonable timeframes.

You can submit a housing disrepair claim during your tenancy or after it has ended, but you must do so within six years of giving notice to your landlord about the condition. Personal injury claims must be made within three years following the date you received notification.

It’s crucial to remember that your landlord may not be held responsible for repairs caused by your negligence or misconduct. We currently do not take private landlord claims because, as a general rule, if you’ve used a letting agent or your landlord is an individual we can’t help you.

How do I start a housing disrepair claim?

We currently specialize in claims against your local council, local authority, social housing and housing associations; unfortunately we are unable to accept complaints from renters against private landlords.

The process of making a claim against your landlord is difficult, which is why you will need the help of a legal expert. If you wish to make a claim then the first thing that you should do is speak with a professional about your situation to find out whether your case meets the criteria for a claim.

You must follow the Pre-Action Protocol for Housing Conditions Claims before you can submit a claim. The pre-action procedure describes a series of actions that you must complete before filing your claim. If you do not follow these steps, you risk being fined at a later stage in the litigation process. Attempting to establish an Alternative Dispute Resolution, submitting

If your landlord does not respond to your letter of claim, or if the response is unsatisfactory, you can take legal action by submitting an application to the county court.

Do you offer housing disrepair advice?

Yes, in most tenancies repairing obligations are implied into the terms of the tenancy. The repairing obligations require a landlord to keep in repair the structure and exterior of the property and keep in repair and proper working order the installations in the property for the supply of water, gas, electricity, sanitation, space heating, and heating water.

It is not possible for a landlord to contract out of their repairing obligations.

If you own a leasehold property the freeholder’s repairing obligations will be contained in the terms of your lease.

We may be able to bring a legal claim in the County Court for the repair of issues, as well as monetary compensation, depending on the source of your home’s problems. In some situations, housing disrepair claims can be handled in the Magistrates’ Court.

Do you live in Sharples, Greater Manchester or North West BL1 6 near to -2.43881 & 53.60120 ? If so we can assist you. Contact us via the form or by calling us on 0333 050 9030

Frequently asked questions

What is Housing disrepair? 
Housing disrepair is when a rented property deteriorates or requires repairs so that it is safe and suitable to live in, it is your landlord's responsibility to ensure a reasonable living standard is met.

How much compensation can you get for housing disrepair in Sharples?

Depending on the severity of your housing disrepair, the average compensation amount in Sharples varies between £3000 and £10,000 

What is classed as housing disrepair?
In simple terms, housing disrepair is when the condition of a rented house or flat, either through social housing or a private landlord, has deteriorated or changed negatively in comparison to the state of the dwelling at the time you moved in.

Areas we cover with our nationwide disrepair claims service

A Trading Style of Hattons Legal Services Limited, Company No. 09771400 Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No 628665.